The Hillsboro-West End Neighborhood Association
P.O. Box 120521 Nashville, Tennessee 37212
Founded in 1975, the Hillsboro-West End Neighborhood Association works to:
- Preserve and improve the residential quality of the neighborhood
- Provide a means by which citizens of the area may exercise greater control over the economic, governmental, environmental, and social forces that influence their ways of life.
- Promote understanding among property owners, government, and business interests
- Foster neighborhood identity and a sense of community
Click here to read the full text of these posts.
Nashville Next -- Learn about how this city-wide planning affects HWEN and helps protect the future of our neighborhood! Email List -- for updates on neighborhood news events as they are posted. Also, how to join.
Neighborhood Events include annual Carriage Tours in the Winter, Dragon Music Sundays and a Plant Swap in the Summer, Night Out Against Crime, the Dragon Parade, and others.
The Board of Directors meets monthly to discuss neighborhood issues and plan future events.
The Newsletter is published four times per year. It is delivered door to door by volunteers in the neighborhood. The editor of the newsletter is Mickey Panucci. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crime Prevention is a concern for everyone.
The HWEN Store has T-shirts, tote bags, hats, and other stuff with our logo. Show your neighborhood pride!
Go Green Nashville -- check out this neighborhood program to reduce energy usage and save money on efficiency-related home upgrades.
Conservation Zoning applies to some areas of the Hillsboro-West End neighborhood. See the boundaries of the Conservation Zoning district and learn more about design guidelines here.
Useful Links to Other Sites
Home Place: A History of the Hillsboro West End Neighborhood was published by the organization several years ago. The book is currently out of print, but an on-line version is available.
The book is searchable in Adobe Reader or Acrobat -- use the "find" function to look for specific words or phrases
Holiday Lights Carriage Tours
A historic neighborhood all dressed up for
the holidays welcomes you to clip-clop
through our streets in a horse-drawn
carriage. What better way to get in the holiday spirit and enjoy your friends and family?
- This festive 30-minute tour takes you through a vintage neighborhood first built in the 1920's.
- Before and after your tour, sing along with the Fannie Battle Carolers. They'll have songbooks to share and a bucket for a donation.
- Enjoy hot cider and refreshments.
Check out our Facebook Page for more news and announcements: Follow us on Twitter:
HWEN Event Community Event Holiday
If you use Google Calendar yourself, you can add the HWEN Events or the Community Events to your personal calendar. For more information on how to do this, Click Here
Neighborhood Boundaries and major streets are shown on this map -- click for a larger view.
For more detailed property information, including zoning, tax assessments, and ownership, refer to the public-access map server maintained by the Nashville Planning Commission. To access the server, click on this link: Map Server