The HWEN Email List is a way to communicate quickly and conveniently with neighbors about issues of common interest.
Fast-breaking news, crime alerts, and other communications
will be emailed to all HWEN Email List subscribers. Also, we send HWEN’s quarterly newsletter
to our subscribers. HWEN will not distribute your email address to anyone. It will be used only for these neighborhood-related
If you have questions about the Email List, please contact John TeSelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom Cash (TCash101@aol.com)
To get emails from the HWEN Email List
- Send an email to email@example.com
- You should receive a confirmation email in a few minutes. Hit REPLY to reply to this confirmation email. No message text is needed.
- You should now be a subscriber to the group.
Once you have subscribed, you can post a message to the group.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email must be read and approved by a moderator before it can be posted. It won't appear automatically.
- Please read the posting guidelines for the Email List before sending a message.
- Go to http://groups.google.com/group/hwen
- Click on the "my settings" icon at the top right of the screen. Make sure it is "my settings" and not the "settings" icon that is right next to it.
- Choose "leave this group" from the drop-down menu.
- This option lets you view the archive of HWEN Email List messages, set personal preferences for receiving emails, etc.
- Go to http://groups.google.com/group/hwen and on the right side of the screen click "Join this group."
- You will be taken to a new web page where you can sign in using your Google account, or create an account if you don't have one already. It's easy. You will be required to enter an email address when creating the Google account, but it can be any email address (it does not have to be Gmail).